Thursday, August 4, 2011

Salesman

I met this girl yesterday and she asked what I do. When I told her advertising, she immediately asked me to try and sell her on something.

I then proceeded to slap her in the face.

I’m not a salesman.

And advertising should be more than just a sales pitch.

I got one of my first jobs because they told me I’d be working with advertising. But all it turned out to be was making cold sales calls. I quit after two weeks. Ironically, I got into advertising because I hated ads. It sometimes makes no sense. But I plan to make a difference.

Advertising doesn’t have to be the annoying 30 seconds you fast-forward on DVR to get back to the good stuff. Why not make advertisements the good stuff in the first place? Then, people will want to interact with your brand rather than fast-forwarding through it.

She apologized when I explained all of this.

Of course, I didn’t actually slap that girl in the face. It was a metaphor for me slapping her in the face metaphorically.

 

Posted via email from Let's be honest...

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were gonna say you actually slapped her on the bum!

    ReplyDelete