Monday, April 11, 2011

A girl and a mustache

Two of my favorite things. Preferably not together. I like a good girl, and I like a good mustache.

But let me clarify what I mean by this. I've decided that the girl I marry will let me grow a mustache. I feel like that previous sentence also needs to be clarified. I do not want to grow a mustache. I appreciate a good mustache as I stated before, but I do not personally need to grow one. So why even bring it up? Well, I would like the assurance that if I ever wanted to grow a mustache, I could. That says so much more.

This might seem crazy, and sometimes when I say it loud, I agree. But for the type of girl I am looking for, she will understand the weird obsession that men have with wearing a nice little blanket on your upper lip. I know that I personally do not look respectable while I have one, nor do most men. This is obvious. Sometimes, though, it's about more than outward appearance. A man with a mustache is much funnier than a man without one. It says something about a man's character to walk around in public with one. But it says a lot more about the girl on his arm.

Any girl that understands this is welcome to apply for the job. I let my mustache do the talking.

2 comments:

  1. But the real question is...Would you be able to be the wind under the wings of a girl who chooses to grow a mustache? I'm just saying....all things must be fair in love!

    Great post. It made me laugh

    ReplyDelete